Paper and Art Work Submissions
Proposals are invited that respond to the conference themes. This year’s conference is designed to engage a wide range of stakeholders including scholars, faith leaders, conservation specialists, tour operators, youth and communities in knowledge development, conservation discourse, education, training, and community engagement dialogue to preserve and promote the Buddhist heritage of Pakistan dating back to the 3rd century BC.
Theme for Research Papers:
- Identifying gaps and consolidating knowledge resources to provide a full perspective of the history of Buddhism in Gandhara
- Priorities and Challenges in Conservation of Buddhist Heritage in Gandhara
- Impact of Climate Change on Cultural Heritage of Gandhara: Risk Assessment and Preparedness
- Community Engagement to Protect and Promote Gandhara Heritage Sites as Cultural and Economic Assets
- Interfaith Dialogue on Conservation of the Religious Heritage of Pakistan
Theme for Art and Craft in following categories:
- Photography, Videos, Sculpture, Drawing, Painting and Craftwork
- The Buddha, Bodhisattvas, Stupas and Monasteries of Gandhara
- Gandhara Jataka Tales depicting earlier incarnations of the Buddha
- Religious Heritage for Peace and Harmony: Mosques, Temples, Churches and Gurdwaras of Pakistan
Authors are requested to send in their abstracts for review by the Conference Academic Committee, comprising research scholars and academics. The Academic Committee shall not accept full papers prior to submission and approval of abstracts. Authors of selected abstracts will be notified to submit full research papers at a later stage. Contributors are requested to send their abstracts on or before the closing date of November 30, 2023. While preparing your abstracts, please note that:
- Abstracts must be relevant to any of the conference themes.
- The word count for abstracts is 150-300. Abstracts exceeding word limit will not be considered.
- Abstracts should be structured as follows:
- Background and aim of research
- Methodology, Analysis and Results
- Conclusion and implications
- Contributors are requested to use the following format to send in abstracts:
Name of Author
Co-Author/s (if any)
Author Phone Number (WhatsApp)
TItle of the Paper
Abstract (Not more than 300 words)
- Please send your Abstracts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to high quality research, the conference will also organize an art and craft festival at the conference venue. The festival will feature Buddhist art and craft from Pakistan and around the world. Original works that demonstrate artistic excellence and the power to engage will be presented at the three-day festival.
- Contributors of art and craft are requested to submit a one-page artwork statement including:
- A brief introduction to the art or craftwork
- Basic idea and relevance of the work to the conference
- Some detail about the reason and inspiration to create the work
- The statement should be in simple language and needs to avoid technical jargon and prosy writing.
- Images and sketches can also be submitted along with the art statement.
- Creators of selected works will be notified in advance for presentation of the work.
- Contributors are requested to send your statements latest by November 30, 2023.
- Please send your statements to: email@example.com
- You can use the following format to send your statements:
Name of Artist
Artist Phone Number (WhatsApp)
Title of the Work
Brief Description of the Work